Community Action Grants
Annually, the City of Sacramento Department of Utilities Stormwater Quality Improvement Program appropriates $10,000 to fund CAGs. Grants are awarded to projects whose goal is to improve the quality of local creeks, rivers and watersheds within the City. Grants fund programs (educational or others) that prevent pollution from entering storm drains, creeks, the Sacramento and American Rivers.
Community Action Grants Facts:
* Grants are part of an effort to establish working partnerships with the local community.
* They foster environmental stewardship to assist in meeting pollution prevention goals.
* Grant applications become available and are mailed out in February of each year.
* Mailings go out to teachers, neighborhood and volunteer groups, environmental organizations and other non-profit associations.
* Applicants are encouraged to submit their ideas for protecting, restoring or enhancing creeks, watersheds and rivers within the city.
Organizations interested in receiving information about next year's grants should call (916) 808-1726.